The blog of photographer Kim Ayres

Storytelling and, though not connected, awards

.
The Storytellers Blog appears to be growing from strength to strength. There are now 11 stories up by 6 different narrators and 8 different authors, with several other bloggers busy working round the technical challenges of recording and posting their stories for the very first time.

As well as posting The Biggest Bramble You Ever Did See, to kick start the site, I also put up a short story I wrote last year called The Flower, which at the time I couldn't figure out what to do with, but it feels ideally suited for this new site.

Dr Maroon insists that if it wasn't for technical difficulties he would be recording his own serial tale, Gothic. Personally I suspect he just enjoys me making a fool of myself attempting a multitude of accents my vocal chords we never designed for. However, parts one and two are now up.

Do go over and have a nosey about if you've not yet been, and if you're interested in joining us then you are more than welcome - most of the bloggers posting on it have never done audio blogs before, so don't think this is for the technically elite; it most certainly is not.

Go on, step outside your comfort zone and read a story of your own, or a favourite you'd like to share. Feel free to email me with any questions or comments.

Meanwhile, Christina, over at Prince Vince Meets the World, has handed me a Community Blogger Award.



She says, "The Community Blogger Award celebrates people who reach out and make the blogger community a better one" which I thought was lovely.

So after a brief *smug* moment, I started thinking about who else I should pass this on to, and the blogger that immediately leapt to mind was Pat from Past Imperfect.

The warmth with which Pat relates her experiences and engages with all who visit and comment on her site just brings out the best in all of us. I've seen hardened foul-mouthed sweary bloggers suddenly watching their Ps & Qs when Pat wanders over. She has that favourite aunt quality - the who you just don't want to disappoint as she always has a good word for you, and you feel warm inside when she pays you attention.

Without a doubt, Pat makes the blogger community a better place, so I have no hesitation in passing on the award to her.
.

10 comments

Pat said...

Gosh Kim - I'm speechless. And touched and grateful and happy. Thank you so much.

Mungo Borealis said...

I am permanently outside my comfort zone, so telling stories won't push me too hard. I'll think about it. Any rules I should be aware of?

Kim Ayres said...

Pat - your welcome :)

Mungo Borealis - welcome to my ramblings and thank you for taking the time to comment.

There are not rules so much as guidelines, which can be found on the FAQs Page.

Z said...

Hear hear - the award, I mean. Richly deserved by wonderful Pat.

Dr Maroon said...

"...celebrates people who reach out and make the blogger community a better one"


you haven't reached out to me and I'm still ugly.

Mary Witzl said...

Now I really feel like a prat for not managing to figure out the technology. I was greatly cheered to know that Eryl's son helped her, though. I pictured her sussing this all by herself and I wanted to weep from frustration and feelings of techno-insecurity.

But rest assured, I'll get it sorted! And when I do, you may well wish I hadn't. I just go on and on and on.

savannah said...

congratulations to pat! a lovely woman, indeed!

Tom said...

I'm still intending... but you know what they say about intentions.

Kim Ayres said...

Z & Savannah - of course that's the one problem with awards, now I feel guilty for not handing them out to everyone...

Dr Maroon - I read your stories for you - what more do you want? Besides, aren't we overdue for The Maroon Awards?

Mary - I am so looking forward to you getting your audio stories posted

Tom - stop procrastinating!

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Thoroughly well done, Kim. You deserve it.

And I couldn't agree more about Pat. She is a treasure, a gem. I feel very lucky to have stumbled across her warm site all that time ago.

All content copyright of Kim Ayres. Powered by Blogger.