The blog of photographer Kim Ayres

Books for your iPad or iPhone

Last year I put together a book called Facing The Weekend which included all the portraits I took over the Spring Fling Open Studio weekend, and the year before, I created a book of my exhibition, Staring Back.

Facing The Weekend, and Staring Back were both published using the online service, blurb.com (as the new book will be too).

Now while the quality is superb, the drawback is they are not particularly cheap. By the time printing and postage costs have been added, you won't get any change out of £30, even for the softcover edition.

However, Blurb have recently introduced the option of selling downloadable versions designed for iPads and iPhones, which means you can now experience these books on your devices for less than a tenth of the cost of the printed versions.

Follow these links where you can also preview the books before you decide whether to buy for only £2.49 – that’s about €3 or $4

Feel free to let your friends know...

Facing The Weekend
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2488930


Staring Back
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1314623


The book I’m currently working on – Artist In Residence: Please Let Me Take Your Photo! – should hopefully be ready in time for the coming Spring Fling weekend in just over 4 weeks time.

6 comments

Pat said...

Anything that makes it more accessible has to be good.

Kim Ayres said...

I agree with you Pat. Now I just have to wait for them to bring out a version that plays on android devices and a kindle :)

hope said...

I got an e-mail from blurb about that...I knew one of my smarter friends would try it out first. :)

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

This is the beginning...you never know what big things can come from this!

Anonymous said...

Two thumbs up from a delighted books owner :)

Kim Ayres said...

Hope - it was tricky, as I don't have an iPad or iPhone myself, and you need to download to one in order to activate the option. Fortunately I had a friend I could send the link to :)

Guyana-Gyal - nothing too big, judging by the lack of response... :)

Conny - you are a star :)

All content copyright of Kim Ayres. Powered by Blogger.