The blog of photographer Kim Ayres

The Yahs

The Yahs are a loud, rocking, entertaining local band. Front-man, Grant, struts his stuff like Freddy Mercury, Mick Jagger and James Brown rolled into one, while the superb musicianship of Dave, Ali and Fergus ensure the drive and rhythm never disappoint.

As well as just being foot-stompingly good fun to watch and listen to, one of the things I love about them is it makes no difference whether they are playing to a packed venue or a handful of grannies who were expecting a primary school choir - they always throw themselves completely into it.

I met up with them at the weekend to discuss a photo shoot, which if it goes ahead should also be a great deal of fun.

Getting them all together in one place isn't always easy, unless they happen to be playing a gig, so I caught up with them at the House O Hill "Rock The Hoose Beer & Music Festival".

And as I had the camera with me, it would have seemed silly not to take advantage of a front-row seat...












6 comments

Anonymous said...

Love these! The top photograph especially has a wonderfully direct quality.

maurcheen said...

They sound like my kinda band! (I'd like to think your opening paragraph could be describing MY band!) :¬)

Great shots as usual!

Kim Ayres said...

Allen - thank you :)

Maurcheen - we have to find a way to get me over there so I can photograph your band :)

hope said...

Never thought I'd see a photo of someone rocking an accordion, but you did it!

Pat said...

They look fun.

Kim Ayres said...

Hope - he only plays the accordion on one, occasionally two, songs - but he still does it quite rock n roll :)

Pat - they are :)

All content copyright of Kim Ayres. Powered by Blogger.